Welcome to Lifepath dental & Wellness Foot Care
At Lifepath Wellness Foot Specialist and Medical Foot Care, we are pleased to offer advanced medical foot care to patients of all ages and activity levels. We use state-of-the-art technology, premier products in the foot industry. and sterile tools during our treatment sessions following the standards set out by Alberta Health and Wellness for Infection Prevention and Control. We take every precaution to protect your health and safety. We understand that you deserve nothing less than the best foot-care possible.
You will start with a complimentary one-hour comprehensive foot examination with our certified Pedorthist. You will receive focused and unhurried attention from our medical footcare team at every encounter. A strong focus will be placed on prevention and early detection. We will take the time to listen to you and answer your questions and concerns thoroughly. Together, we will prepare a treatment plan that is ideal and realistic for you to achieve optimal gait and foot health. Our medical footcare team members consistently engage in continuing education so that the highest level of foot care can be provided.
As part of the entire Lifepath Dental & Wellness family, our foot specialist and medical footcare team can also coordinate with our other health providers to help you get the care you need so you can lessen your pain and improve the overall quality of your life!
Our registered nurse foot specialist and certified pedorthist specialize in a wide variety of areas related to foot ailments and conditions. For those seeking treatment with our certified pedorthist, she offers a free initial consultation. Due to the nature of services provided by our registered nurse foot specialist, we cannot offer a free consultation for her services at this time.
Your advanced foot care assessment appointment
with our registered nurse includes the following:
- An assessment of your lower leg and foot
- Structure and function analysis (bones, ligaments, and muscles)
- Circulation assessment
- Sensation testing
- Skin and nail health assessment
- Treatment of the skin and nails, including thinning and trimming of the nails, treatment of fungal nails, corns, calluses, and ingrown toenails
- The use of sterile tools and equipment in compliance with Alberta Health Services standards for infection prevention for footcare tools
- Evaluation of your foot wear and gait
- Prevention of wounds, infections, amputations, and fall prevention education
- Education about proper foot hygiene practices, foot exercises, and selecting footwear that will support your foot’s function
- Temporary padding of the shoes and silicone devices for structural issues with the feet and wound prevention
The first appointment, which includes the initial consultation, examination and foot treatment, takes approximately 45-60 minutes.
Follow up appointments usually last between 30-45 minutes with our Registered Nurse.